Private Yoga Therapy Sessions
In your private yoga therapy session, you work with a Certified Accredited Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT). There is a written and verbal intake process where the Yoga Therapist learns about any health concerns and your goals. During the sessions, you may be guided through evidence-based breathing exercises, meditations, hand mudras and yoga poses for your specific needs. You are given a home practice sheet, so you can start a home practice based on what you learn during the session.
We recommend 3-5 sessions for the best results.
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy is a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. It includes mindful breathing, gentle and supported yoga postures, anatomy education, and meditation. Yoga therapists are trained to work with clients experiencing injury, illness, and mental health issues. Rather than diagnose or try to treat medical conditions, we use the evidence-based tools and techniques of yoga to cultivate an integration of the body, mind, and spirit.
Yoga therapy is beneficial for:
- Back pain
- Chronic pain, including fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- Rehabilitation from hip and knee surgery
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Anxiety and depression (emotional well-being)
- Pelvic instability
- Shoulder or hip injuries
- Foot problems or gait awareness
- Fascial release
- 60-minute single session- $85
- 90-minute single session – $100
- Set of 60-minute 3 sessions- $230
- Set of 4 60-minute sessions – $300
- Set of 8 60-minute sessions – $590
Ajna is one of 27 colleges worldwide to train Yoga Therapists. All of our Yoga Therapists have over 1,000 hours of training and are Certified Yoga Therapists through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).