240-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program (RYT-200)
We are the only Canadian college that specializes in therapeutic yoga.
We offer more in-class hours than any program on Vancouver Island, with 240 in-class teaching hours and an additional 60 teaching application hours – 300 hours in total!
Deepen your own practice and learn how to safely teach therapeutic Hatha/ Flow yoga to beginner students. Ajna’s 240-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification program exceeds the requirements from the Yoga Alliance. This course is designed to be a hands-on learning experience, with practical applications of student-centred teaching techniques. We have been training teachers for 15 years and we know that adults learn most effectively through hands on, personal experience. Graduates can register with the Yoga Alliance as RYT-200 and teach all over the world. The 240 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
We offer two training formats: An immersion course for those who want to complete their training in 4 weeks; and a 12-week evening/weekend course designed for people who are working or have other commitments during the day.
- Duration: 12 weeks.
- Location: Ajna Studio, 209-2250 Oak Bay Avenue (entrance on Monterey Ave), Victoria, B.C.
- Tuition: $2,600.00 ($2,300 for early bird price and $2,950 for International students)
- If applying to Student Aid BC, choose the full-time option on the application form. No deposit required for students with student loans.
- $150 is a non refundable registration fee ($500 fee for International students)
- Deposit: a minimum of $400.00 is required to hold your spot.
- Remainder of payment due 3 weeks before the program start date.
- Spring: March 26- June 13, 2019
- Summer: Immersion Program July 30- August 25, 2019
- Fall: September 17- December 7, 2019
- Fall Program: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Summer Immersion Program: Tuesday- Saturday 1:30pm-9pm
- Fall Program: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Saturday 12:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Cheque made out to Ajna Yoga
- To pay by cheque, please mail to:
- Ajna Yoga
2185 Theatre Lane
- Ajna Yoga
- To pay by cash, click on the “Contact” link in the main menu, or call Michelle at (250) 812-8355
- E-transfer sent to email@example.com
- Visa or Mastercard through our MINDBODY registration site
Pay by Visa or MC
Open the accordion section to read what our graduates are saying about student the 240 hour program.
The 240-Hour Yoga Teacher Training includes a free, 3-month unlimited yoga membership to Ajna Yoga studio classes during the program as well as 3 certification program classes a week. We begin each program class with an Asana class, break for food, and then explore the curriculum through lecture, discussion and hands-on learning.
Our program is based on following the “8 limbs of Yoga” as we explore:
(Click “+” to expand sections for further details)
What Makes Our Program Unique?
Our course is designed to teach you (as a student) to go inward, to feel into your body and to move from a place of listening to your inner teacher.
We teach your how to make yoga accessible for all bodies and give you 16 hours of Therapeutic Yoga Training. We feel yoga therapy is an essential skill to have as a teacher.
We begin the course with the foundations of yogic philosophy and the literal foundation of the physical body – the feet. Each week, we delve deeper in the applications of yogic philosophy and the anatomy of the body, using the chakras as a guide.
We study the alignment of over 50 asanas (postures), with special attention given to how we can modify postures to fit the needs of different bodies.
We begin each day with an asana class that focuses on the learning theme of the day, so that you can feel and experience the curriculum in your body. Then we have a food break and come back to discuss, study and review the alignment of postures. Finally, you practice teach the postures, breath and meditation to each other.
We have a great yoga community at Ajna and feel there is a deep bond of a family here. We have worked hard to make sure all student feel respected and safe empowered. We offer low cost community classes and support graduates to teach in studios, community centers and international locations. We are passionate about making yoga accessible and have pioneered placements in mental health, addictions and women’s centers.
We require that each applicant have at least one year of personal yoga practice with a yoga instructor and are 19 years of age. All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
- Online Application
- Letter of reference from a yoga instructor you have taken classes with
- Copy of photo ID to prove you are at least 19 years of age
Students must attend 100% of the program to graduate. Additionally, students will:
- Successfully complete two 750-1,000 word papers
- Successfully complete additional homework throughout the course
- Practice teach with a mentor during the course
- Pass an exam class at the end of the course