Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma Program (C-IAYT)
( 1,000 hours total; 800 hours plus the 200-Hour certification )
Become an Certified Yoga Therapist in this cutting-edge program. Ajna was one of the first programs to be accredited in 2014. We developed this diploma program based on our 15 years in the field of Yoga Therapy.
Choose from two routes to become a certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) :
- Register in the 800-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Program (full-time or part-time)
- Begin with the 300-Hour Advanced Teacher of Yoga Therapy program as a bridge program, then move into the 800-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma program (details here)
Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma (C-IAYT) Program Outline
Ajna’s 800-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Program is Accredited with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
The 800-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Program is a module-based program. The program can be taken on a full-time basis (20-25 hours a week), or students can choose to take the modules in a go-at-your-own-pace format.
The 800-Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Program includes:
- 19 modules (Friday 5-9pm, Sat & Sun 9am-5pm)
- A Yoga Therapy Immersion Training
- A Yoga, Psychology and the Mind Immersion Training
- A Practice Teaching Mentorship
(Click “+” to expand sections for further details)
Practice Teaching Mentorship
- 10 classes of mentorship with a member, or members, of the Ajna faculty.
- 63 hours of group yoga therapy sessions taught on your own and mentored by a faculty member.
- 50 individual yoga therapy sessions with feedback and mentorship support from your faculty mentor.
Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma (C-IAYT) Admission Requirements
Students must be at least 19 years of age, have at least one year of personal practice, at least one year of yoga teaching experience, and hold a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate. All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
- Online Application
- Copy of photo ID proving you are at least 19 years of age
- A copy of your 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- Letter of reference from your RYS-200 Yoga Teacher Training School where you received your 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- A resume or word doc outlining your minimum 1 year experience teaching yoga (please include the settings where you have taught, the types of classes, the clientele you have worked with and for how long you have taught the class).
- Personal Statement
Your personal statement should be a maximum two-page letter that speaks to the following criteria:
- Your motivation for seeking entrance to the program. Please respond to all of the following: a) why are you interested in this program? b) What do you hope to learn? c) Why do you feel called to this program at this moment in time?
- Other relevant non-yoga experience or training that you bring to the program; and
- The areas you would like to improve upon as a student in the 800 Hour Yoga Therapy Diploma Program and the area(s) in yoga therapy you are most passionate about.
Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma (C-IAYT) Program Details
Full Time: In class modules January – July, 2020. The Practice Teaching Mentorship will be completed within the following year. This is a two year program in total.
Part Time: 3-4 years. Start anytime and complete at your own pace.
- An $800 deposit is required to hold your spot.
- The deposit is applied to the Yoga Therapy Immersion.
- $150 is a non-refundable application fee ($500 for International students).
|Yoga, Psychology and the Mind||$1,000|
|Yoga Therapy Immersion (note: your $800 deposit is applied directly to this component)||$1,600|
|10 Yoga Therapy Classes with a Mentor (Practice Teaching Mentorship Module)||$300|
|63 Hours Teaching Yoga Therapy Group Classes (Practice Teaching Mentorship Module)||$350|
|50 Individual Yoga Therapy Sessions and Mentor Coaching (Practice Teaching Mentorship Module)||$650|
|Total||$10,770 ($11,270 for International students)|
Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma (C-IAYT) Payment Options
- Cheque made out to Ajna Yoga
- To pay by cheque, please mail to:
- Ajna Yoga
2185 Theatre Lane
- Ajna Yoga
- To pay by cash, click on the “Contact” link in the main menu, or call Michelle at (250) 812-8355
- E-transfer sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa or Mastercard through our MINDBODY registration site
Pay by Visa or MC
Accredited Yoga Therapy Diploma (C-IAYT) Graduation Requirements
Students must completely fulfill the following requirements:
- All modules must be completed in a maximum of four years. If you are unable to attend a workshop, you may attend the same workshop the following year. All workshop modules are repeated each year.
- Students must be prepared for each class by bringing a notebook, writing material (pens, highlighters, etc.). Students must wear clothes suitable for asana practice.
- During class modules, students are required to take part in group assignments, practice teaching an written assignments.